Sunday, April 17, 2011

A lesson on the ice

Went for ice skating few days ago,
not my first time though,
I skate like a first-timer.
I am still able to recall back the first time when I skate,
I seriously look like a penguin walking on ice,
and fell like a clumsy potato.
The worst was there were so many people looking at YOU!
That's the problem,
I quitted before I actually master the skill.

This is my second time,
I tell myself,
This time it will be--All or Nothing.
You can choose to be one of them who keep on holding to the side wall,
or the one who is skating gracefully.

This is nothing like my first skating experience,
There won't necessarily be the one hand holding you up when you fell,
There won't be eyes with heartache looking at you when you fell right on your butt,
There won't be a person holding your hand to teach you skate,
lots of things won't be taking place as what it was,
but you have yourself with you.
Though you are on your own,
there is just a strong feeling telling you that,
YOU CAN DO IT!

Just skate,
why afraid of falling down?
The time you get up after falling down--a lesson learnt!
I tell myself-
I no longer want to be the old me,
its time to change.
Learn something,and amaze others!
Girl,you can do it!

The hardest thing of every challenge is the guts to take the first step.
And there I go,
slowly and steadily,
I swayed my legs,
left and right,
and OUCH! I fell.
That's alright,no big deal, more importantly,no one is looking at me.hahaha

After few times,I have the feeling that I am almost there..
Yay! I knew it,I just knew it!
I can skate without keep on holding to the wall.
So I skate with Jenny,who has just got the skill too!
She is unlike what she was,
Last time, She was hoping to get out of the skating rink ASAP,
but now,she just hope that she has more time on the rink.
Yea,the truth is we have changed,
both of us,to a better one =)

Happy moments are to be shared with others.
So I started to drag my friend who are still 'clinging' onto the wall out.
I know they are just afraid to take the first step.
Come,hands holding hands,
together we skate.
Step by step,
there's nothing you can't do =)

That night was seriously a good good night. =)

Lesson for the day:

There is always a stronger you deep in your soul.
Change,as no one is waiting for the old you.

No comments:

Post a Comment