Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

After 19 years of celebrating Ash Wednesday,i still have no idea on the purposes of celebrating it. =X
So today,i go on google and decide to check it out! =)
According to a Catholic Encyclopedia,Ash Wednesday is a day for man to repent from their sins.
On this day,before the mass,the faithful approach the altar and the priest will dip his thumb in the ashes and mark on our forehead,saying "Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return."
By the way,the ashes are made by burning the blessed palms used on Palm Sunday during the previous year.

Alright,so now I need to repent my sins.and I really do sincerely hope that I wont become a lazy ass anymore!! Have a good timetable and work hard please!!!
Huh~Lord,please help and bless me with determination and hardwork through my journey in a new place and lead me all the way through challenges in university life. Amen.

So i'll prepare myself and go for church later! =)
God bless you people!

No comments:

Post a Comment