Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Path now taken

Last time,I was unsure of my future,
because I ain't sure whether what I have chosen now suits me or not.
Why pharmacist?
Seriously,I don't know!
I don't really have much enthusiasm in being a pharmacist,
I don't really care much bout medicine,
I don't really know what we need to become a pharmacist.

Today,CELS lecture teaches about HIV/AIDS,
I ain't sure why,
but it seems that I'm quite interested with this topic.
maybe I am influenced by some of the movies or dramas that I have watched before,
the storyline that revolve around this incurable disease which earned my tears.
Yeap, as we know that,
there is still no cure for AIDS.
But do we know why?
Not until today that I know the reason,
AIDS is caused by HIV,
HIV is not simply a virus,
once it enters our body,it will undergo mutation and different types of viruses are produced.
Then the mutated viruses will be transported in the body and enter another cells and undergo further mutation!
So billions of mutated viruses are carried in a person with AIDS!
How can we find a way to cure these billions viruses??
The moment we found one,another new virus is produced in the body. 
So the medicine can be used to treat the old virus,then what about the new arisen one?

I hate why those viruses keep changing,
I just feel so heartache for those patients,
Yea,maybe some of them deserved it,
but how about those innocent one?
I just feel that there must be something that I can do to help them.
I need to do something,
I have to do something,
I can do something,
I want to help them to fight against this fast evolving creature!!

I know that I have chosen the right path,
After understanding more about health sciences thingy,
getting to know about different types of diseases,
I heartily thank God for blessing me with a healthy body.
Why pharmacist?
I have an answer now.
Not as great as a doctor though,
we are at the second line of defence,
we fight as hard as others do to find a cure!

The lecture today lit up the fire in me.
I am proud to say that I am a future pharmacist :)
And I'm ready to help.
Prevention is better than cure.

There must be something that I can do,
maybe not now,
but in the future.
I'll help!

No comments:

Post a Comment